Is skiing your alpha and omega, your bread and butter, your raison d'être? If that's the case, and you're also passionate about a career in journalism and content creation, then the role of Downdays Online Editor could be right for you. We're currently accepting applications for the role of Online Editor for the 2023/24 winter season.
The Online Editor works with our team to keep the Downdays website up-to-date on a daily basis throughout the winter season. This includes creating original written content, attending ski events & livestreams to provide original reports, reviewing ski gear, planning and posting videos and articles from contributors, handling sponsored content and coordinating social media posts.
The job of Online Editor is a seasonal position lasting from October 2023 until April 2024. The position is remote, on a freelance basis, and part-time, approx. 20 hrs/week.
Prospective applicants should fulfill the following requirements:
- Residency in Europe, preferably in the Alps
- Spoken & written fluency in English
- Excellent work ethic, self-motivated & able to work independently
- Journalistic writing ability
- Photo & video editing experience (Photoshop, Premiere or similar)
- Experience using Wordpress or similar
- Ability to travel during the ski season
- Bonus: fluency in French, German, Swedish, Spanish or other European languages
- Bonus: Graphic design experience
In turn, we're able to provide:
- Work remotely on a freelance basis with flexible days & hours
- Travel budget and exclusive access to ski events across Europe
- Networking opportunities in the ski industry
- No work on powder days!
Does our Online Editor position sound like something for you?
Send your C.V. or résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter explaining why you're the right person for the job. Your letter should tell us your background in skiing and the skills, experience and motivations that you'll bring with you. Applications will be accepted until 5:00pm CET on Friday, 29 September 2023.